The Right Coverage at the Lowest Price

Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.

Call us 24/7 at (800) 360-1402 or Find an Agent near you.


With the passage of the Affordable Care Act, affordable health insurance in Florida is now available and all over the United States. That's why HealthMarkets Insurance Agency has knowledgeable, licensed agents to help you learn about your options in health care. Since 2010, HealthMarkets has helped Americans enroll in more than 4 million insurance policies, and we’ll do the same for you.

What do you need to know about affordable health insurance in Florida?

affordable health insurance florida metal levels of coverage bronze silver gold platinum

The main health insurance options are "metal plans," including Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Each has a range of costs and benefits that are determined by which one you choose and how much you're willing to pay in monthly premiums. In general, the plans are described as:

1. Bronze Plan: 60% of your healthcare costs will be covered by your health insurance provider, leaving 40% for you to pay.

2. Silver Plan: 70% of your healthcare costs will be covered by your health insurance provider, leaving 30% for you to pay.

3. Gold Plan: 80% of your healthcare costs will be covered by your health insurance provider, leaving 20% for you to pay.

4. Platinum Plan: 90% of your healthcare costs will be covered by your health insurance provider, leaving 10% for you to pay.

If you're young under 30 years old, you may qualify for a catastrophic health plan. With this plan, your premiums will stay low each month, yet you'll still have some coverage when you receive health care.

 

What costs do you need to compare for acquiring affordable health insurance in Florida?

There may be several out-of-pocket costs associated with health insurance that can make the plans you’re comparing more or less affordable. Keep the following things in mind:

  1. Do you need supplemental insurance? For example, you may want to add vision or dental coverage to your existing plan. Depending on your health care needs, adding this coverage may make your overall health insurance costs more affordable.
  2. How much do you have available to spend each month on premiums? Your premium is your monthly payment for health insurance coverage, whether you use it or not. So it’s important to know that you can afford your premiums each month.
  3. What other costs can you afford? There are deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, which we can explain in great detail for you to make the right choice.

HealthMarkets can help you through all these decisions. Our licensed agents will help you discover your options for affordable health insurance in Florida, answer all your questions, and assist you in the enrollment process. We provide personalized assistance 24/7.

Learn more about HealthMarkets by checking out our YouTube channel, and call us today at (800) 360-1402.

ASC000589

----------

Sources:

Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/investopedia/2013/10/01/how-to-choose-between-bronze-silver-gold-and-platinum-health-insurance-plans/
Bankrate: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/insurance/obamacare-catastrophic-plan.aspx

Related Information