Your Options in Affordable Health Insurance in GA


It can require careful consideration when looking for affordable health insurance in Georgia. Between finding the right type of coverage, at the right price, for the right services, it can be a time-consuming task. Luckily, HealthMarkets Insurance Agency is available to take the hard work out of shopping for health insurance.

Finding a Great Insurance Plan in Georgia

Since 2010, HealthMarkets Insurance Agency has helped Americans enroll in more than 2 million insurance policies. One of our thousands of licensed, knowledgeable agents is ready to help you find affordable health insurance in GA right now. We're available 24/7 to provide our services to you at no additional cost.

 

How does the Affordable Care Act affect you?

The Affordable Care Act was signed into law in 2010. There are many provisions and aspects of the law that have already gone into effect, or that will in the near future. Here’s what you need to know:

  • Most Americans now need to have health insurance coverage.
  • No one can be discriminated against when applying for insurance based on factors like age, gender, or pre-existing conditions.
  • Subsidies are available for low-income people that can make health insurance more affordable.
  • Insurance plans can no longer have annual or lifetime coverage gaps.
  • Certain types of preventive care must be covered as part of your insurance plan at no additional cost to you, making health care more affordable.

What are Some of the Options Available for Affordable Health Insurance in GA?

Affordable health insurance in GA can be found through the federal or private health insurance marketplace. There are four main health plan tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Each provides options for coverage and cost to help you select the most suitable plan for your needs. This means:

affordable health insurance ga metal levels bronze silver gold platinum
  1. Bronze Plans: Your health insurance provider covers 60% of your healthcare costs, leaving you to cover 40%.
  2. Silver Plans: Your health insurance provider covers 70% of your healthcare costs, leaving you to cover 30%.
  3. Gold Plans: Your health insurance provider covers 80% of your healthcare costs, leaving you to cover 20%.
  4. Platinum Plans: Your health insurance provider covers 90% of your healthcare costs, leaving you to cover 10%.

If you’re under 30 or if you qualify for a hardship exemption, you may also receive catastrophic health insurance, which offers further protection against high health insurance costs. Medicaid insurance may also be available for low-income households.

Are you ready to sign up for affordable health insurance in GA? You're not alone. HealthMarkets can walk you through the process to ensure that you are successfully covered. It's our mission to make insurance shopping easy, so you can focus on the more important things in life.

We encourage you to get a free quote to find affordable health insurance in GA, or give us a call right now at (800) 827-9990.

ASC000590

----------

Sources:

HHS: http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/rights/pre-existing/pre-existing-conditions.html
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/investopedia/2013/10/01/how-to-choose-between-bronze-silver-gold-and-platinum-health-insurance-plans/
Bankrate: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/insurance/obamacare-catastrophic-plan.aspx

The Right Coverage at the Lowest Price

Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.

Call us 24/7 at (800) 444-6830 or Find an Agent near you.

Related Information