At HealthMarkets Insurance Agency, we provide you with the best of both worlds. By working with over 180 insurance providers nationwide, we have thousands of health insurance policies from which you can choose. When you meet with one of our licensed agents, we can help narrow down your search to a handful of ones that are right for you.
How MA Found Affordable Health Care
Due to the recent laws put in place by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Massachusetts residents have had better accessibility to affordable health care. According to the HHS:
- 66% of Massachusetts residents who enrolled in a health plan qualified for tax credit.
- Approximately 50,313 MA enrollees under the age of 35, and approximately 42,584 enrollees between the age of 18-24 signed up for a health plan.
- The uninsured rate in Massachusetts went down from 4.9% in 2013, to 4.6% in 2014.
Some of the ways that MA residents were able to find affordable health care was by the introduction of different "metal levels" of coverage and covered benefits.
Metal levels, or levels of coverage, describe the amount of coverage available for a particular plan. Depending on the policy you're looking at, how much you pay in monthly premiums can determine the amount of coverage your health insurance provider will give when you receive care. There are four levels you can choose from:
- Bronze: 60% covered by your health insurance provider, 40% covered by you.
- Silver: 70% covered by your health insurance provider, 30% covered by you.
- Gold: 80% covered by your health insurance provider, 20% covered by you.
- Platinum: 90% covered by your health insurance provider, 10% covered by you.
No matter which type of plan you choose, you are also required to be given 10 essential health benefits and 15 preventive care services by your health insurance provider. That means that when you receive necessary health care from a provider within your plan's network, you can receive care without paying a deductible, copayment, or coinsurance.
The essential benefits can include:
- Prescription drugs
- Emergency services
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care
- Laboratory services
The preventive care services can include:
- Blood pressure screening
- Diet counseling
- STI prevention counseling
- Type 2 diabetes screening
Find Affordable MA Health Insurance with HealthMarkets
One call to HealthMarkets Insurance Agency and you’ll find yourself talking with one of our friendly, licensed agents. They will ask you about your budget and your coverage needs, and then match you to policies that meet your requirements.
http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts-and-features/state-by-state/how-aca-is-working-for-massachusetts/index.html | http://www.forbes.com/sites/investopedia/2013/10/01/how-to-choose-between-bronze-silver-gold-and-platinum-health-insurance-plans/ | http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts-and-features/fact-sheets/preventive-services-covered-under-aca/index.html