Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.
How Virginia Residents Can Purchase Affordable Health Insurance
Buying affordable health insurance is an important thing you can do for yourself and your family. When it seems challenging to find an affordable policy, Virginia residents have someone they can trust: a licensed, knowledgeable agent at HealthMarkets Insurance Agency. It’s our mission to make insurance shopping easy, so you can focus on the more important things in life. Virginia is for Affordable Health Insurance.
Let’s start with those Virginians who are considered low-income. You have a few choices:
- Catastrophic health insurance: If you’re under 30 or qualify for a hardship exemption, you may be eligible to receive catastrophic health insurance. You must first fulfill your deductible, but the policy could then pay for all medical costs after that.
- Medicaid and CHIP: These programs offer low-cost (or sometimes free) insurance to people with limited income and resources.
You will learn if you qualify for these programs when you fill out an application through the Marketplace. If you’re not low-income but are still on a tight budget, do not worry. You have some great options, too. The Marketplace offers options for affordable health insurance. VA residents can choose a plan from one of four health plan tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Here are some out-of-pocket costs to consider as you learn more about each plan option:
- Premiums: This is the amount you pay each month to have coverage.
- Deductible: The deductible is money you pay for healthcare services that are not yet covered by your policy. Once you meet the deductible, your policy will start covering more healthcare costs.
- Cost for services: Copayments and coinsurance costs are amounts you pay each time you use a certain medical service, such as filling a prescription or visiting your doctor.
If you’re ready to take the next step in finding affordable health insurance, VA licensed HealthMarkets agents will make sure working with us is your only, and easy, step! Find one near you, or contact us right now.