What Core Health Insurance Coverage Is Guaranteed?
Private insurance companies that offer coverage to individuals and businesses must, by law, provide certain core health insurance benefits. Here are some highlights:
- All plans must provide the essential health benefits, which include emergency, hospital, laboratory, pediatric and rehabilitative services, pregnancy and infant care, mental health services (including substance abuse), prescription drug coverage, and preventive care.
- You cannot be denied insurance coverage because you suffer from a pre-existing medical condition.
- You must be charged the same amount as others in your age group and location. The only other factor that can be considered is tobacco use.
- An insurance company cannot place a cap on coverage.
- Additional benefits insurance companies provide may include coverage for dental services, birth control, and breastfeeding benefits.
Getting the core health insurance coverage needed to cover your medical expenses is easier than you might think. Since 2010, HealthMarkets has helped Americans enroll in more than 4 million insurance policies. And we can help you, too. Our level of personalized service is part of the reason why we were given an “A” score by the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about Health Markets Insurance Agency through our Facebook page, and give us a call today.