Many residents of the Equality State want to know more about Wyoming Medicare eligibility. Below are some quick facts about the federal program and how the state helps low-income residents with premium costs.
Wyoming Medicare Eligibility: Who can Enroll?
You are eligible for Medicare if one or more of the following applies to you:
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You are 65 or older.
- You have been on Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) for two years.
- You have end-stage renal disease (ESRD) or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Wyoming Medicare Facts
- In 2015, there were 95,055 Wyoming residents who have either Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, and/or a Medicare Part D drug plan.
- In 2014, Medicare paid approximately $9,050 per enrollee in Wyoming.
- In 2013, 13 percent of Medicare enrollees were eligible for combined Medicare and Medicaid coverage.
Know Your Medicare Parts
Medicare is made up of four “parts.” If you’ve paid Social Security taxes, you’ll be automatically enrolled into Medicare Part A, which covers hospital costs. Medicare Part B covers doctor visits. Together, Parts A and B are called Original Medicare.
Medicare Part C is also known as Medicare Advantage. It’s sold by private insurance companies. Medicare Advantage has the same coverage as Original Medicare but often includes additional benefits such as emergency care and drug coverage.
Medicare Part D is prescription drug coverage, which covers all or part of the costs of your medications.
Wyoming Medicare Savings Programs
If you need financial help, the Wyoming Department of Health offers two programs that may be able to help. The Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) and Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) are state-run programs that pay Medicare premiums and, in some cases, Medicare co-insurance and deductible payments.
To qualify, you must be:
- A Wyoming resident.
- A U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident who has lived in the U.S. for at least five years.
- Entitled to Part A and Part B Medicare Insurance.
- Income eligible at or below 135 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL).
- Resource eligible.
Get Free Medicare Advice With a Wyoming Licensed Insurance Agent
How do you choose what Medicare plan is right for you? Contact a HealthMarkets licensed agent who can assess your needs, help you understand the Medicare options available in Wyoming, and help you enroll in the right choice for you. All at no charge. We can even help with Medicare Supplement plans. Call today at (800) 439-6916 or find an agent near you for more information.