Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.
Private Health Insurance Markets Offer Many Options
The Affordable Care Act allows Americans to shop for health insurance through a health insurance market. Although the market is open to every citizen, no one is required to use it. In fact, shopping outside of government markets through a private health insurance market may provide you with a wider variety of options.
Types of Health Insurance Markets
A health insurance market, sometimes called a health insurance exchange or marketplace, refers to an online price comparison and enrollment website for health coverage. In addition to the federal health insurance marketplace, there are many state-based marketplaces available to citizens. States with their own marketplaces have chosen not to participate in the federal marketplace.
However, there is a third type of market that may provide more options and personalized assistance. This option is called a private health insurance marketplace.
Will I Pay More for a Plan Outside of a Public Marketplace?
No. You won’t pay more for the same policy found elsewhere. Also, the ACA limits factors insurance companies can use to determine premiums. Factors affecting your premium amount may include:
- Your age
- Your location
- Tobacco use
- Health insurance plan type
- Your income (if you qualify for federal subsidies)
Why Choose a Private Health Insurance Market?
HealthMarkets Insurance Agency, a private health insurance marketplace, can:
- Provide you with the knowledge and resources you need to find the right coverage through our resource center and blog.
- Give access to over 3,000 local, licensed agents ready to help you find a health insurance plan to suit your needs, at no cost to you.
- Help you re-enroll during open enrollment period with a free re-enrollment service.
- Help make shopping for insurance plans as simple as it should be.
- Offer a best price guarantee—the lowest rates anywhere for the plans we offer.
- Discuss health insurance quotes with you 24/7 at (800) 360-1402 or online.
We work with more than 180 health insurance companies to help you find a policy for you and your family. We’ve helped people purchase over 2 million policies. Let us help you today. Call (800) 360-1402 or find an agent near you.