When it comes to choosing health insurance, Michigan residents may find it hard to know how to anticipate any unexpected medical needs. Though there are a host of choices available, it's important to note the essential health benefits and covered preventive services that are mandatory with every health plan purchased under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
With more than 3,000 licensed insurance agents scattered throughout the U.S., and in your local Michigan community, HealthMarkets Insurance Agency offers the advice you need to find the right plan for you and your family.
Mandatory Coverage for MI Health Plans
Many changes came to the healthcare system under the ACA, including what benefits and services are required to be covered in your plan. Of this mandatory coverage includes ten essential health benefits and preventive services.
Your Essential Benefits
For most plans, your health insurance provider is required to cover basic health services that contribute to your overall health, regardless of any pre-existing conditions. These ten essential benefits include:
- Prescription drugs
- Pediatric services
- Preventive and wellness services, and chronic disease management
- Emergency services
- Mental health and addiction services
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care
- Ambulatory patient services
- Laboratory services
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
Your Covered Preventive Services
In addition to these essential health benefits, you are also covered for services and doctor's visits that contribute to your general wellness. With these services, it can be easier to find any potential health problems at an early stage when it's easiest to treat.
It's also important to note that these services are covered by your health insurance provider only if you are within your provider's network. The covered services include:
- Tests for blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol
- Care for healthy pregnancies
- Vaccinations for flu, pneumonia, measles, polio, and meningitis
- Regular visits for healthy women, babies, and children
- Intervention services to help quit smoking, lose weight, identify depression, and reduce alcohol use
- STD screenings for sexually transmitted infections
- Cancer screenings by mammograms and colonoscopies
Regardless of what type of plan you choose, or how much you pay in monthly premiums or out of pocket, your Michigan health insurance should provide the coverage you need to maintain good health. To find the right plan for your health and budget needs, contact HealthMarkets today.
HealthMarkets Finds Health Insurance for Michigan Residents
Since 2010, we've been dedicated to finding the health insurance for Americans across the country, including Michigan. When you request a free quote with us, we can help match you with plans that work with your needs. Let's get started finding the right Michigan health insurance for you and you family. Give us a call at (800) 360-1402 or contact a Michigan agent today.