Choosing the right policy among many individual health insurance quotes requires careful consideration. You’ll want foundational knowledge to understand coverage options. In addition, it’s important to understand these five key features of policies to help you select the most suitable plan. While all plans cover the same essential health benefits, each plan has unique elements.
While looking for health insurance quotes independently, there's a lot to consider for choosing the right coverage: income, lifestyle, and health.
5 Things to Consider When Finding Quotes for Individual Health Insurance
There are ample resources to help you determine how to shop for the right health insurance plan and coverage that suit your lifestyle. Because so many resources exist to find individual health insurance quotes, utilizing a licensed agent at HealthMarkets can help you navigate the many choices and arrive at the right plan for you.
Here are some things to consider before you begin shopping:
- Plan categories: There are 5 categories of insurance plans: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Catastrophic. The category plan you choose determines the percent of costs your insurance provider will cover.
- Monthly premiums: The amount you will have to pay your insurance company for your plan, whether you use medical services or not.
- Out-of-pocket costs: The amount you will have to pay out of pocket for services when you receive care. These are in addition to your monthly premium expense.
- Provider network: Different plans provide different levels of coverage when you receive care inside or outside the plan's network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and other medical service providers.
- Benefits: All insurance plans provide the same ten essential health benefits, which cover pre-existing conditions and offer free preventative services.
Find Health Insurance Quotes Today
At HealthMarkets, we want to help you make the right choice for individual health insurance. We make it simple to get the medical coverage you need at the right price for you by comparing quotes and plans from over 180 insurance companies nationwide.