The Right Coverage at the Lowest Price

Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.

Call us 24/7 at (800) 360-1402 or Find an Agent near you.


Need help finding affordable health insurance? HealthMarkets Insurance Agency has thousands of licensed, knowledgeable agents with incredible abilities to unearth great insurance options that won't break the bank. Our staff knows the right questions to ask in order to narrow the search and offer you affordable policies. We have a portfolio of products from more than 180 insurance carriers recognized nationwide, and we're confident we'll find the right plan for you.

Finding More Affordable Health Insurance Coverage

There are several low-cost insurance options for which you may qualify:

Metal Levels of Coverage

Under the Affordable Care Act (referred to as the ACA or Obamacare), you have the option to choose your level of coverage, or "metal level," to decide how much you are able to pay for health care. In general, the more you may pay in monthly premiums, the more coverage you'll receive from your health insurance provider, leaving you with less to pay out of pocket.

These plans include:

  1. Bronze: 60% of healthcare costs covered by your health insurance provider, leaving 40% for you.
  2. Silver: 70% of healthcare costs covered by your health insurance provider, leaving 30% for you.
  3. Gold: 80% of healthcare costs covered by your health insurance provider, leaving 20% for you.
  4. Platinum: 90% of healthcare costs covered by your health insurance provider, leaving 10% for you.

For health individuals under the age of 30, you may qualify for catastrophic coverage. These plans are ideal for people who only anticipate needing health care in the case of an emergency. The monthly premiums will remain low and affordable, which means that your coverage will also remain low. 

Qualify for Subsidy Programs

For families making a modest income, there are subsidies that can help make your health plan affordable. There are two subsidy programs that can help lower or cover monthly premiums and out-of-pocket expenses for families who qualify:

  1. Premium Tax Credits: Families making between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Line may be eligible to have their monthly premiums lowered or covered by either having the government directly pay your health insurance provider, or you can claim the premiums in your annual tax return.
  2. Cost-Sharing Reduction: Families making between 100% and 250% of the Federal Poverty Line may be eligible to have their out-of-pocket expenses lowered or covered by having your health insurance provider cover more of your healthcare costs.

HealthMarkets Can Help You Find Affordable Coverage

At HealthMarkets, we've created a simple, straightforward method of matching people just like you to the right insurance policies. Getting help finding affordable health insurance never seemed so easy. In fact, it’s our mission to make insurance shopping as easy as possible, so you can focus on the more important things in life.

Our service is always free, and your satisfaction is our highest priority. If you need help finding affordable health insurance, look no further than HealthMarkets. Find a licensed agent near you, or contact us today.

ASC000635

----------

Sources:

Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/investopedia/2013/10/01/how-to-choose-between-bronze-silver-gold-and-platinum-health-insurance-plans/
Bankrate: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/insurance/obamacare-catastrophic-plan.aspx
IRS: https://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-Act/Individuals-and-Families/Questions-and-Answers-on-the-Premium-Tax-Credit
KFF: http://kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/cost-sharing-subsidies-in-federal-marketplace-plans/

Related Information