Indiana State Health Insurance
If you have an Indiana state health insurance policy, you may want to keep up with all of the changes that are occurring in the healthcare marketplace, as well as how they might affect you and your insurance coverage.When you enlist the help of a licensed representative with HealthMarkets Insurance Agency, you can be confident in the help you receive.
We have an array of convenient services to help you keep up with current insurance trends and legislation. We are available in-person and over the phone at no charge to you.
What Is a Qualifying Life Event
According to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), there are a few qualifying instances that allow you to enroll for healthcare outside of the Open Enrollment period. This is how the ACA defines a “qualifying life event.”
Qualifying life events include the following:
- Non-renewal of insurance coverage
- Change in family size due to marriage, divorce, child birth, adoption, death, or other reason
- Job change that results in the loss of health coverage due to loss of job or a new job
- Change in citizenship status, like obtaining national or legal status or becoming an American citizen
- Coverage changes due to governmental error through the federal exchange or the Department of Health and Human Services
- Address change that qualifies for a new health plan
If you lose your health insurance coverage for any of the above reasons, you may qualify for a special enrollment period for a new policy. In order to know for sure, as well as to get any other questions answered, let a licensed representative from HealthMarkets Insurance Agency help you.
The policies regarding health insurance may feel like they are constantly changing, but with the help of a representative, you can get the coverage you need. As a business, it is our vision to make insurance shopping easy, so you can focus on the important things in life. That’s why we received an “A” rating from the Better Business Bureau. Visit our blog and learn more about what we can do for you.