When it comes to shopping for medical insurance, Missouri residents are among many citizens across the nation who may be confused by the changes the Affordable Care Act (ACA) created.
With some research and understanding, the choice doesn’t have to be a difficult or stressful one. The licensed insurance agents at HealthMarkets Insurance Agency can answer your questions about the Affordable Care Act in order to help you choose the right insurance for your needs. HealthMarkets Insurance Agency understands unique insurance needs and we have a portfolio of products from 140 national and regional insurance companies.
What Changes Can I Expect from the ACA?
The Affordable Care Act has already changed many policies, practices, and benefits used by most insurance companies. These changes were put in place in order to help make medical insurance accessible and affordable to every American citizen, regardless of income, age, or employment status. Changes that have been observed so far:
- Prohibiting coverage denial based on pre-existing conditions
- Prohibiting insurance companies from revoking coverage
- Eliminating lifetime limits on insurance coverage
- Regulating annual limits on insurance coverage
- Providing health insurance tax credits to small businesses
- Providing free preventive care
- Extending coverage for young adults
- Expanding coverage for early retirees
- Offering prescription drug discounts
- Linking payment to quality outcomes
Navigating the new healthcare marketplace doesn’t have to be difficult. Avoid the confusion with the help of a licensed agent from HealthMarkets Insurance Agency.
Tricia from Tulelake, CA, spoke with one of our agents and said this about her experience: “I requested a health insurance quote and received a phone call back. The agent answered all my questions and found the best plan for me. He was never in a rush and made sure all of my questions were answered.” HealthMarkets Insurance Agency's superior quality of service and our mission to make insurance shopping easy allows you to focus on the important things in life.
Give us a call today and find out how one of our licensed agents can help you.