Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.
Medicare Advantage in New Mexico
Medicare Advantage in New Mexico has been a hot topic since the ACA was adopted into law. Although the new regulations can require careful consideration when choosing a plan, you actually have more coverage options than ever. Those who are enrolled in Medicare may be interested in Medicare Advantage. New Mexico residents are in luck – HealthMarkets representatives can help.
Should You Opt for Medicare Advantage in New Mexico?
HealthMarkets employs a network of over 3,000 licensed representatives with the expertise to help you navigate the healthcare marketplace, including enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan. In the state of New Mexico more than 292,000 individuals are enrolled in Medicare. Of the total Medicare beneficiaries in New Mexico, 30% opted for Medicare Advantage.
With the added benefits of Medicare Advantage over Original Medicare it’s not a surprise that residents are savvier than ever about their options. Don’t get buried when Medicare enrollment begins -- give the HealthMarkets licensed representatives a call.
Understanding Medicare Advantage in New Mexico
About Medicare Advantage:
- Medicare pays a fixed monthly sum to the healthcare provider of your choice, who then provides you with medical services.
- You’re still enrolled in Medicare if you opt for Medicare Advantage.
- Different plans have different rules and regulations, so it’s important to discuss and compare your options with your HealthMarkets representative.
- Most plans require you to visit a doctor in-network.
- You still get Medicare Parts A and B with Medicare Advantage.
- Medicare Advantage plans cannot charge more than Original Medicare for certain services
There’s a lot to go over with your HealthMarkets representative, and they will be happy to help you enroll in Medicare Advantage. New Mexico licensed representatives will assist you in narrowing down your options so you find the plan that is just right for your personal health needs, and that works with your budget.