Although Original Medicare offers great support to those who are eligible for Medicare, many people with Medicare eligibility choose Medicare Advantage instead. New York residents who qualify for Medicare or who are already enrolled in Medicare may be interested in enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Over 2.8 million individuals – or 12% of New York’s total state population receive Medicare benefits
- 802,000 of those individuals are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan
- New expansions to Medicare make prescriptions and preventive care more affordable - saving New Yorkers $325,459,594 on prescription drugs in 2013
More and more Medicare recipients are becoming interested in learning more about Medicare Advantage in New York. HealthMarkets has a network of more than 3,000 licensed agents who can explain to you the details of how Medicare Advantage works, as well as break the complicated lingo down into easy-to-comprehend term that anyone could understand.
Benefits of Medicare Advantage in New York
Medicare Advantage in New York works like this:
- Medicare pays a fixed amount to the health insurance company of your choice each month, and in return you receive all of your medical services through that provider, the same as you would with Medicare.
- Each plan is different, however, so it’s important to take note of the difference in each policy. Some plans, for instance, will charge more each month for their services; some will pay the premium for your Medicare Part B, while others will only pay partial amount.
HealthMarkets’ agents can help break down the details of Medicare Advantage. New York residents have many options to choose from, and our licensed agents will help you narrow down your choices until you find the perfect one. To learn more about Medicare Advantage, New York residents should visit HealthMarkets online, give us a call, or visit one of our physical locations and speak with a representative face-to-face.Sources: http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts/bystate/ny.html