Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.
Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage in Oregon
Medicare Advantage in Oregon has become important as more people become eligible for Medicare. Those who receive Medicare benefits may be interested in Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Part C. Oregon residents have HealthMarkets representatives available to them 24/7 who can help in a number of ways when it comes time to choose and enroll in a health care plan.
HealthMarkets has a network of over 3,000 licensed representatives with the knowledge and expertise to help you navigate the healthcare marketplace, and can help you enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan. HealthMarkets Insurance Agency can help you pick a great Medicare Advantage plan and talk about any questions you may have about your options.
Understanding Medicare Advantage in Oregon
Here is how Medicare Advantage works:
- Medicare pays a fixed monthly amount to a third-party healthcare provider of your choice, which in turn provides you with medical services the same as Medicare would.
- Different plans have different rules and regulations to follow once you sign up for services, so it’s important you compare various plans with your HealthMarkets representative.
- Some plans have higher monthly premiums, and some will pay the entire premium for Medicare Part B while others only partially cover the premium.
- Some plans will require you to visit a network doctor, while others allow you to select your own healthcare provider.
- If you opt for Medicare Advantage, you’re still in the Medicare Program.
- With Medicare Advantage, you still have Parts A & B, which are included in Original Medicare.
- Some Medicare Advantage plans include Part D coverage.
There are a number of options that you can discuss with your HealthMarkets representative, who are happy to go over with you before enrolling you in Medicare Advantage. Oregon licensed representatives can help you narrow down your options so you select the plan that is not only right for your medical needs, but also works with your budget.
In the state of Oregon, 580,425 state residents are enrolled in Medicare, and 243,000 of those individuals are enrolled in Medicare Advantage. Oregon provides Medicare benefits to 15 percent of its population.
To learn if you qualify for Medicare or enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, contact HealthMarkets online, by phone at (800) 360-1402, or by contacting a licensed representative. They can help you with everything you need to know about Medicare Advantage in Oregon.ASC000515-036