Medicare recipients may choose to receive their benefits via a third-party provider, courtesy of a program known as Medicare Advantage. Pennsylvania HealthMarkets representatives are available 24/7 to discuss your options for Medicare Advantage in Pennsylvania. Our network consists of over 3,000 representatives who are fully licensed and experienced in health insurance plans.
HealthMarkets representatives can explain the details of Medicare Advantage in Pennsylvania in simple terms so that you are able to understand the rules and regulations of each plan, so you can make an informed decision when you enroll.
18% of PA residents are eligible for Medicare, and of that 18%, 904, 456 individuals opted for a Medicare Advantage over Original Medicare. Give HealthMarkets Insurance Agency a call to discuss your option with a Medicare Advantage plan.
Choosing Medicare Advantage in Pennsylvania
For those who aren’t completely sure what Medicare Advantage is, HealthMarkets’ representatives can help.
- With Medicare Advantage, Pennsylvania Medicare recipients have their benefits distributed via a third-party private provider. This simply means that Medicare pays a fixed amount to your chosen health insurance provider each month.
- There are a number of providers and plans to choose from, and each one features different rules and regulations that must be adhered to before you can sign up for their services. Your HealthMarkets’ representative will discuss the various options that are available to you and help you compare the details of each plan.
- You are still enrolled in the Medicare Program if you opt for a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Medicare Advantage plans include Parts A & B of Medicare (hospital and medical), and some include Part D (prescription drug coverage).
- You can opt for Medicare Advantage if you have pre-existing conditions, with the exception of End-Stage Renal Disease.
To learn more about Medicare Advantage, Pennsylvania individuals eligible for Medicare should contact a HealthMarkets representative. We are available by phone at (800) 360-1402, online, or in person with a licensed representative. We’re here to help at no additional cost to you.Sources:http://kff.org/medicare/state-indicator/total-enrollment-2/http://kff.org/medicare/state-indicator/medicare-beneficiaries-as-of-total-pop/