Medicare recipients in South Carolina may be interested in learning how Medicare Advantage works. Medicare Advantage in South Carolina provides options to Medicare recipients based on their specific needs. When it comes to Medicare Advantage, South Carolina residents can contact a HealthMarkets’ agent online, by phone, or in person, in order to learn just what it is and how it applies to them. Did you know that 18% of South Carolina’s total population is a Medicare beneficiary? Of that 18%, 192,756 residents opted for a Medicare Advantage plan. It’s understandable as the population in South Carolina, especially the senior population, grows - more and more residents are becoming savvier of their Medicare options.
Let HealthMarkets Insurance Agency walk you through the process and answer your questions regarding Medicare Advantage. Skip the hassle and let us help, our service comes at no cost to you.
Selecting Medicare Advantage in South Carolina
How Medicare Advantage Works:
- With Medicare Advantage, South Carolina Medicare recipients can opt to have their benefits paid via a third-party provider of their choice.
- This provider will in turn offer the services that Medicare would have otherwise provided. It’s important to remember that not all Medicare Advantage plans are the same, however; some plans don’t cover Medicare Part B completely, and some have higher premiums than others.
- Each plan has different rules and regulations that it’s important to take note of before signing up for anything, so you’ll want to go over those with your HealthMarkets’ agent when looking into enrolling in Medicare Advantage.
- If you opt for Medicare Advantage, you are still enrolled in the Medicare Program.
- Medicare Advantage includes both Parts A and B, certain plans may include D coverage.
- Medicare Advantage plans cannot charge more than Original Medicare for select services such as dialysis.
South Carolina licensed agents are available at any time, day or night to answer your questions or provide you with assistance as you try to narrow down your choices when seeking a health insurance plan that meets your needs. Visit HealthMarkets online or give our agents a call at your convenience to learn more about Medicare Advantage plans and how enrolling in the right one can benefit you and your health.