A term life insurance policy provides a reliable, affordable way to cover costs in the event of your death. Expenses such as monthly bills, funeral costs, loans, and education are just a few of the items to keep in mind when determining the amount of coverage you need.
Although no one likes to talk about the unthinkable, a term life insurance policy will give you and your loved ones peace of mind. It will help your family pay for unexpected costs if you were no longer there.
Some employers offer a certain amount of term life insurance to their employees. You can purchase additional coverage to get the full benefit amount your family would need. Here’s what you need to know:
- A term life insurance policy is effective for a certain amount of time (up to 30 years). You choose the length of the term.
- Term life insurance is generally low cost.
- A medical exam is not required for simplified issue plans.
- If you do complete a medical exam, your premiums may be lower (this is called a fully underwritten policy).
- You choose a beneficiary who will receive the benefit if you should pass away.
- You decide how much the death benefit should be based on your expenses.
Most people are surprised at just how affordable term life insurance can be and how easy it is to get the right policy for your family. If you are below retirement age, consider getting a term life policy that will help take care of the expenses your family would need to cover for up to several years.
Choose Term Life Insurance with HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
HealthMarkets has thousands of licensed, knowledgeable agents available to answer your questions about life insurance and find a policy that fits your needs. Our licensed agents can assist you in planning for your future and explain various options.