Asparagus is a great accompaniment to almost any main dish. Pair it with salmon, pork, or steak for an attractive and healthy side dish. One of the best parts about asparagus (besides the health benefits) is that it can be prepared in a wide variety of ways. The less health-conscious can smother it in cream or butter sauce. Add mushrooms, peas, and carrots to make a stir-fry. You can steam it, bake it, roast it, grill it – the possibilities are endless! This asparagus parmesan recipe is just one quick and easy way to get some tasty vegetables into your diet, using ingredients you probably already have in your fridge!
1 bunch of asparagus spears
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. grated or shredded parmesan cheese, divided
1 clove of garlic (at least!)
1 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Trim the asparagus by grasping at both ends and then bending until the woody end snaps off. Cut the asparagus into bite-sized pieces.
- Mince the garlic. One tip to make it a little easier: microwave the garlic for ten seconds before you try to peel it. It will ‘pop’ in the microwave, and the skin will come right off!
- Combine the asparagus, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp. of cheese in a bowl.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with tin foil for easy cleanup.
- Bake until just tender (10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your spears). Sprinkle with the lemon juice and the rest of the cheese before serving.