There’s nothing fake about the flavor in this heart healthy treat.
1¼ cups flour
¼ teaspoon sugar
⅓ cup fat-free milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
3 large eggs, beaten
¼ cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 o F.
To prepare crust:
2. Combine flour and sugar in bowl.
3. Add milk and oil to flour mixture.
4. Stir with fork until well mixed. Form pastry into smooth ball with your hands.
5. Roll ball between two 12-inch squares of wax paper, using short, brisk strokes, until pastry reaches edges of paper.
6. Peel off top paper and invert crust into pie plate.
To prepare filling:
7. Combine sugars, salt, nutmeg, and eggs.
8. Add milk and vanilla. Stir.
9. Add sweet potatoes and mix well. Putting it together:
10. Pour mixture into pie shell.
11. Bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool and cut into 16 slices.