Don’t let the word “muffin” fool you. These muffins are made with whole wheat flour and more than 3 cups of fresh veggies. Flavored with cinnamon and vanilla, you’ll want to gobble them up for breakfast, snack, and dessert – they’ll even have your kids begging for more zucchini!
- 1 ¾ c. sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 3 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 c. shredded zucchini, squeezed dry (About 3 zucchinis)
- ½ c. shredded carrot
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Mix the sugar, oil, and vanilla in a mixer until combined.
- Beat three eggs well and add to the mixture.
- Add all other ingredients, except for the zucchini.
- Shred your zucchini over a large bowl and squeeze it dry over the sink. Then add the dried zucchini to the muffin batter, mixing until combined.
- Fill your muffin tins 2/3 of the way full. Bake them for 12 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy! These muffins freeze well, so you can make a batch and have a healthy breakfast at the ready all month long!