Since 2010, HealthMarkets has worked with families across the nation to help them shop for and enroll in a health plan that works with their unique budget and health needs. Our licensed agents are ready to meet at your convenience to get started on finding the right plan today.
How to Get Affordable Healthcare Through Obamacare
Under the healthcare law, families of all income levels can find affordable health insurance. This is possible through a number of ways.
Metal Levels of Coverage
When you buy health insurance, you can choose from four levels of coverage, or metal levels, that bases how much coverage your health insurance provider will give on how much your monthly premiums are. In general, the more your premiums are, the more coverage you'll receive when you get health services.
These levels include:
- Bronze: 60% covered by your health insurance provider, 40% covered by you.
- Silver: 70% covered by your health insurance provider, 30% covered by you.
- Gold: 80% covered by your health insurance provider, 20% covered by you.
- Platinum: 90% covered by your health insurance provider, 10% covered by you.
Essential Health Benefits
No matter what type of plan you enroll in, all policies are required to cover 10 essential health benefits that help enrollees maintain good health without worrying about the out-of-pocket costs. These benefits are mandatory under Obamacare, and can include:
- Prescription drugs
- Pediatric services
- Preventive and wellness services, and chronic disease management
- Emergency services
- Mental health and addiction services
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care
- Ambulatory patient services
- Laboratory services
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
These, in addition to covered preventive services, help families looking for affordable health insurance, get the coverage they need.
Subsidies to Lower Your Healthcare Costs
For low-income families making an income at or below the Federal Poverty Line (FPL), there are two subsidy programs available to help lower or even cover the cost of your premiums or out-of-pocket costs. They include:
- Premium Tax Credit: Families making between 100% and 400% of the FPL can lower or cover the cost of premiums either in direct payment to the health insurance provider, or expensed in the annual tax return.
- Cost-Sharing Reduction: Families making between 100% and 250% of the FPL can have the health insurance provider lower or cover more out-of-pocket costs when health services are received.
HealthMarkets Can Help You Find the Affordable Health Insurance That Obamacare Made Available
One call to HealthMarkets and you'll be talking with one of our friendly professionals. We're dedicated to helping you find the affordable health insurance the ACA made possible, so tell us what your budget and coverage needs are and we'll quickly match you to policies that work for you. Give us a call today at (800) 360-1402 or request a free quote online right now.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/investopedia/2013/10/01/how-to-choose-between-bronze-silver-gold-and-platinum-health-insurance-plans/ | https://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-Act/Individuals-and-Families/Questions-and-Answers-on-the-Premium-Tax-Credit | ttp://kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/cost-sharing-subsidies-in-federal-marketplace-plans/