Your health and the health of your family are important, and buying the right policy on the health insurance marketplace in Virginia is no small task. Licensed HealthMarkets agents are here 24/7 to help you find the plan you need to keep your family healthy and ensure that your loved ones can see a doctor when the need arises.
You might wonder how many people in Virginia get their insurance from the federal healthcare exchange. Of the over 8.5 million Virginia residents, 400,015 signed up for an Affordable Care Act plan, also known as Obamacare, in 2018.
Navigating the Health Insurance Marketplace in Virginia
If you are one of the 10 percent of Virginians without health insurance, don’t be intimidated by the Affordable Care Act. Give HealthMarkets a call, and we will walk you through the process, determine if you’re eligible for tax subsidies, and help find you an affordable plan. We will also help you enroll, and our service comes at no cost to you.
The Open Enrollment Period is from November 1 to December 15. Give us a quick call day or night.
Why Use HealthMarkets Instead of the Federal Exchange?
Free consultation with a licensed agent
Option to see an agent in person
List of all plans available to you on the exchange
Comparison of plans that are relevant to your needs
Ability to suggest health plans off the exchange
Assessment of tax subsidy eligibility
Dental and vision plans available
Options on the Health Insurance Marketplace in Virginia
HealthMarkets can help you understand your options and the different plans available. You should consider the following when buying a policy on the health insurance marketplace:
- The level of coverage needed. Choosing a comprehensive plan makes sense for families who have children or are battling a chronic condition. A less comprehensive policy that is more affordable is usually OK for single people who are in good health.
- A copayment you are comfortable paying. Make sure that the copayment you must pay each time you see a doctor or specialist is one that you can afford to pay.
- The deductible on your policy. If a deductible is outrageously high, you most likely will not be able to use your insurance to its fullest.
- Network of providers. Choose a network you trust when shopping the health insurance marketplace. We can help find a plan that includes your current doctors.
- Options outside the government exchange.New regulations have made it easier to purchase alternative health insurance policies that are not included on the national exchange. Call us to discuss lower-cost, less comprehensive plans.
Virginia residents will be happy to know that licensed HealthMarkets agents have access to thousands of different plans from insurance companies recognized nationwide. You’ll have lots of options, and we will help you pick the one that best meets your needs.
Turn to HealthMarkets for help navigating the health insurance marketplace. Virginia representatives are ready to help you find the right plan today.
Give us a call today at (800) 360-1402.