Supplemental Dental Insurance for Braces Can Deliver Big Savings
Braces have a reputation for being one of the more expensive dental services. It is, however, possible to find dental policies that cover a considerable amount of braces. Supplemental dental insurance for braces can significantly lower your out-of-pocket expenses.
Dental braces are a life-changing, though expensive dental treatment. Purchasing supplemental dental insurance for braces can greatly offset the cost of braces.
How Much Do Braces Cost?
The cost of the braces depends on the type of braces you select.
- Conventional dental braces: braces made of metal brackets that are attached to the front surfaces of teeth. Cost: $3,500 to $7,000.
- Ceramic braces: braces with clear or tooth-colored brackets. Cost: $3,500 to $8,000.
- Invisalign and ClearCorrect braces: a series of removable plastic trays that gradually shifts teeth. Cost: $3,500 to $8,000.
- Invisalign Express: a version of Invisalign that includes only ten or fewer trays to correct less complex cases. Cost: $2,500 to $4,500.
How Much Does a Supplemental Dental Insurance Plan Cover for Braces?
Dental insurance providers that cover orthodontia frequently categorize braces as a Class IV service. Class IV services are generally covered at 25%. This translates into the following out-of-pocket savings:
- Conventional dental braces: 25% coverage would save you $875.
- Ceramic braces: 25% coverage would save you $875.
- Invisalign and ClearCorrect: 25% coverage would save you $1,250.
- Invisalign Express: 25% coverage would save $625.
HealthMarkets Can Help You Find a Plan for Your Needs
If you would like further explanation of your options for supplemental dental insurance for braces, contact HealthMarkets Insurance Agency. HealthMarkets employs thousands of local insurance agents to help individuals and families find affordable plans that cover their unique dental needs. Call 24/7 at (800) 360-1402.