Health Insurance Marketplace in Arkansas
Premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, copayments, what does it all mean? If you're trying to navigate the health insurance marketplace in Arkansas, confusion is understandable. HealthMarkets licensed insurance representatives are available to help you understand the language and how premiums and other features of particular health insurance plans can affect the suitability of plans on today's market.
This helps you make the best choice for your particular needs. New regulations in healthcare have resulted in residents of Arkansas receiving the following benefits:
- 90% received insurance plans with some form of financial assistance.
- Due to the 80/20 Rule, Arkansas residents received a total in $6,269,271 in refunds from their insurance companies.
- 1,239,180 residents (168,163 children) of Arkansas are now eligible for coverage that were previously denied for pre-existing conditions such as asthma or diabetes.
- Insurance companies can no longer place "life-time limits" on healthcare, so you no longer have to worry about your insurance company dropping you in your time of need.
These are just a few ways healthcare is more beneficial than ever.
Make sure you are armed with the facts by open enrollment. HealthMarkets Insurance Agency has access to thousands of plans from insurance companies recognized nationwide. We can help you understand new ACA laws and explain your coverage options.
Your Options in the Health Insurance Marketplace in Arkansas
Before shopping the health insurance marketplace, Arkansas residents should identify what they are looking for in potential policies. HealthMarkets Insurance Agency can help you identify which policies are ideal for you, but in general, you should think about the following when you're shopping for coverage:
- Determine the essentials. If you are looking to start a family or add another member to your existing family, maternity coverage is essential. Do you have a need for monthly doctor's visits to manage a chronic condition? If so, then a policy with a low copayment may be best for you.
- Check to make sure your doctors are in the network. If the plan that you're purchasing requires you to choose doctors and specialists within a network, make sure the doctor you see or want to see is in that network before purchasing. If not, keep shopping the health insurance marketplace. Arkansas has many plans to offer, and HealthMarkets can help you match the physician you want to see with a plan that covers seeing that physician.
- Pay attention to deductibles. Finding an inexpensive policy means nothing if the deductible is too high. The deductible for your policy is the amount that you must be out of pocket before your insurance will "kick in." If a deductible is several thousand dollars, you will have to be out that much in healthcare costs before your insurance will pay. Most people should look for policies with low deductibles.
Don't feel intimidated by the health insurance marketplace. Arkansas licensed health insurance representatives are standing by to help you make sense of the policies out there and find one that is perfect for your family.