A Medicare prescription drug plan is a smart way to manage the cost of the medications you take now—and those you may need in the future. If you’re entitled to Part A and/or enrolled in Part B of Original Medicare, you’re eligible to join a Part D plan; however, when you enroll affects your effective date and premium. HealthMarkets can help you understand your eligibility and explain to you the Medicare Part D plans that are available.
Medicare Part D Plans
- Are only offered by insurance companies
- Can be purchased as a standalone plan
- Have a monthly premium in addition to any Medicare premium you already pay.
- Can be purchased in conjunction with a Medicare supplement plan
- Maybe included in a Medicare Advantage plan