Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.
Do You Know If You Are Eligible for Medicare Part B?
When you meet Medicare Part B eligibility requirements, you'll be qualified to receive the hospital care you need without worrying about burdening your family with the debt of it. Part B coverage includes physicians' services and supplies that can help you seek the treatment you need. But how do you become eligible?
Those who are eligible for Medicare Part A are automatically enrolled in Part B. Medicare Part B is known as medical insurance, and covers services such as:
- Clinical research
- Ambulance services
- Durable medical equipment
- Mental health
- Second opinions on surgery
- Limited prescription medicines
Part B enrollment is voluntary, and those who do not wish to use it may decline it. You may be subject to a late enrollment penalty if you choose to sign up later.
Eligibility for Medicare Part B
The qualifications for Medicare Part B are similar to those for Part A. Those who are eligible may be automatically enrolled if you fall into any of these categories:
- You are 65 years or over and already receive benefits from Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board (RRB).
- You are under 65 years and have a disability.
- You have ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease).
- You live in Puerto Rico and receive benefits from Social Security or the RRB.
If any of these apply to you, you should have received a Medicare card in the mail three months before your 65th birthday, or on your 25th month of disability.
However, if you’re still unsure if you are eligible for Medicare Part B, let us help at no cost to you. Call HealthMarkets at (800) 360-1402, and let a local licensed agent find coverage for you today.