Do you have questions regarding your Medicare eligibility in Illinois? Your state has over 2 million residents enrolled in a Medicare plan, with over 18% eligible for Extra Help with their Part D premiums (also known as LIS). Are you ready to see what you are eligible for?
Who Qualifies for Medicare Eligibility in Illinois?
You qualify for Medicare if you are a U.S. citizen and one of the following applies to you:
- You are 65 or older and have worked 40 quarters (10 years).
- You are under 65, disabled, and receive disability benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board.
- You have end-stage renal disease (ERSD).
- You have ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
What Can I Enroll in With IL Medicare Eligibility?
Once your eligibility is confirmed, you can enroll in a number of Medicare plans, depending on your needs. These include Medicare Part A, B, C, D, or a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan.
Let’s start with the Parts of Medicare offered in Illinois:
- Medicare Part A is inpatient hospitalization insurance.
- Medicare Part B acts as medical insurance, including doctor visits, lab work, and other outpatient care.
- Medicare Parts A and B are known as Original Medicare.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage) is offered by private companies and bundle Part A, Part B and other coverage (prescription drugs, dental, hearing, and vision) into a single plan.
- Medicare Part D provides prescription drug coverage. With Original Medicare, drug coverage is not included and needs to be purchased separately. Most Medicare Advantage plans include Part D coverage. Some individuals qualify for a program called Extra Help, which can lower the costs of prescription drug plans.
You can extend your Original Medicare coverage with a Medicare Supplement plan, which covers the out-of-pocket gaps such as deductibles and copays. These plans are also called Medigap plans. You cannot choose a Medigap plan if you have a Medicare Advantage plan, so be sure to discuss your best options with a knowledgeable, licensed insurance agent.
HealthMarkets is Ready to Help with Your Medicare Eligibility and Enrollment in Illinois
A HealthMarkets licensed agent can help you discuss your Medicare eligibility in Illinois, find the right Medicare plan to fit your needs, and show you how you can maximize your benefits—all at no charge to you. Call HealthMarkets today at (800) 439-6916 for more information about Medicare eligibility in Illinois!
https://www.kff.org/medicare/state-indicator/total-medicare-beneficiaries/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D | https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/CMSProgramStatistics/2017/Downloads/MDCR_ENROLL_AB/CPS_MDCR_ENROLL_D_3.PDF | https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Eligibility-and-Enrollment/OrigMedicarePartABEligEnrol/index.html