Now that Americans are legally required to have healthcare coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), more and more people are wondering about Medicare eligibility in Massachusetts. With more than 1.1 million Massachusetts residents currently enrolled in some form of Medicare, qualified Americans can have better access to the health care they need to live long, healthy lives.
Your Medicare Eligibility – MA HealthMarkets Plans
Over 174,000 of Massachusetts residents are enrolled in Medicare Advantage, which means they receive their benefits through a private insurance provide. If you're wondering if you’re eligible for Medicare, look no further than HealthMarkets Insurance Agency.
With a network of more than 3,000 knowledgeable and licensed agents at the ready, you can have your Medicare eligibility questions and concerns answered quickly and around the clock. Agents can be reached online, by phone at (800) 360-1402, or in person. Massachusetts agents are well-versed in the various guidelines regarding Medicare and eligibility for the programs available.
Which Massachusetts Residents Are Eligible for Medicare?
The Medicare program is a program that provides health insurance coverage for eligible Americans. The qualifications to receive this coverage includes:
- Americans who are aged 65 years and older.
- Americans who are disabled and not insured by monthly social security benefits.
- Americans with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
- People who receive regular dialysis treatments or who had a kidney transplant.
- Americans who are not receiving and/or eligible for Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board benefits.
Understanding Massachusetts Medicare Plans
There are four parts to Medicare in the state of Massachusetts, which are:
- Part A – Hospital insurance. Most people over the age of 65 are eligible for Medicare Part A
- Part B – Medical insurance, which covers doctor appointments, visits to specialists, etc.
- Part C – Medicare Advantage. Healthcare coverage can be received through a private provider organization.
- Part D – Prescription drug coverage, which covers the cost of prescription medications or helps pay for them
For more information about Medicare Advantage or the different parts of Medicare, check out this video:
To learn more about the options that are available for you, including what it takes to be considered Medicare eligible, contact a HealthMarkets agent today.
HealthMarkets Enrolls Massachusetts in Medicare
Massachusetts HealthMarkets agents can help you determine your eligibility and help answer your questions about Medicare, eligibility, and the parts that compose it. Rather than spending time researching the different parts or finding a Medicare Part D plan on your own, you can spend that time doing what you love instead.
Even if you don't have Medicare eligibility, Massachusetts residents can still contact one of our agents to find the right health insurance plan from any of the 180+ insurance providers nationwide with which we work. Give us a call today at (800) 360-1402 to get the coverage you need.
Medicare Interactive: http://www.medicareinteractive.org/page2.php?topic=counselor&page=script&script_id=214