Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.
Medicare Eligibility in New Mexico
HealthMarkets is here to help you determine whether or not you are eligible for Medicare as a resident of New Mexico. Under the ACA, the majority of U.S. residents are legally required to have health insurance, and those who fail to enroll in a healthcare plan may face steep penalties.
New Mexico agents with HealthMarkets Insurance Agency can help answer your questions regarding Medicare in New Mexico.
HealthMarkets employs a network of thousands of licensed representatives who are available to answer any questions that may arise. We are on call 24/7 either by phone, online, or in person. Reach out today if you have any questions or concerns regarding Medicare eligibility. New Mexico agents are standing by.
Medicare Statistics in New Mexico:
- Approximately 15% of the state’s total population is considered Medicare eligible, with over 292,000 individuals receiving Medicare benefits.
- Over 69,000 of those individuals are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, which means they opt to receive their benefits via a private provider.
- 296,000 residents of New Mexico receive Medicare Part D, which means they receive help paying for prescription drug coverage.
Medicare is divided into four parts:
- Part A: hospital insurance
- Part B: medical insurance
- Part C or Medicare Advantage: parts A and B and sometimes D
- Part D: prescription drug coverage.
Most people must be 65 years of age or older in order to be considered eligible for Medicare, although there are other factors which determine eligibility, including any disabilities or chronic illnesses.
As the population in New Mexico steadily increases, more residents are looking for help choosing the right plan. Understanding Medicare can be confusing, and our agents can help break it down so you can get the most out of your Medicare eligibility. Reach out to HealthMarkets today to learn more about Medicare eligibility in New Mexico.