If you're looking for affordable health insurance during an enrollment period in El Paso, TX, you have options. If you're unsure of what options are available to you or what your own health and budget requirements are, it may take you longer to find the right plan to fit your needs.
At HealthMarkets Insurance Agency, we make it easy for residents of El Paso, TX, and Americans across the country to access the affordable health care they need to maintain good health. Our licensed agents are local to El Paso residents and available at your convenience to find the plan that fits your needs.
How the ACA Helped TX Find Health Care
Since the Affordable Care Act (also known as the ACA or Obamacare) was passed as law in 2010, Texas residents have taken advantage of the many benefits of finding Texas insurance that came from it. According to the HHS:
- "85% of Texas consumers who were signed up for a health plan qualified for an average tax credit of $239 per month."
- "468,797 TX residents under the age of 35 are signed up for a healthcare plan (39% of plan selections in the state). And 348,593 of residents 18 to 34 years of age (29% of all plan selections) are signed up for a healthcare plan."
- "More than 7.5 million Texans are free from worrying about lifetime limits on their health benefits and coverage."
Find Affordable TX Health Plans with Metal Levels
One of the many changes the ACA brought that helped make health insurance more affordable is the introduction of metal levels. Named after precious metals, these metal levels determine what levels of coverage your plan will provide.
In general, the amount of coverage you receive from your health insurance provider when you receive care depends on how much you may pay for your monthly premiums.
These levels include:
- Bronze: 60% covered by your health insurance provider, 40% covered by you.
- Silver: 70% covered by your health insurance provider, 30% covered by you.
- Gold: 80% covered by your health insurance provider, 20% covered by you.
- Platinum: 90% covered by your health insurance provider, 10% covered by you.
Finding Affordable Health Insurance in El Paso, TX Doesn't Have To Be Complicated
HealthMarkets offers a free service that compares your health insurance needs with policies information from more than 180 insurance companies nationwide. Call us today at (800) 360-1402 or request a free quote online to get started finding affordable health insurance in El Paso, TX.