At HealthMarkets, we aim to simplify the process of getting health insurance. Our local, licensed agents in New Mexico are available to meet with you at your convenience to learn about your health and financial needs, and to match you with plans that work for you.
How the ACA Help NM Find Health Care
Since the Affordable Care Act (ACA) became law in 2010, New Mexico residents have experienced the many benefits that came with shopping for a policy at a NM health insurance marketplace. According to the HHS:
- "$123,281,600 in grants to improve healthcare in NM."
- "A total recovery by residents of $68,528 under the 80/20 rule restricting insurance companies on how much of your hard earned cash can be used toward expenses other than healthcare."
- "550,000 residents of New Mexico no longer have to worry about getting the treatment they need for chronic illness, with the ban of 'lifetime limits' on coverage."
Of the many changes that made health insurance more affordable across the country and in New Mexico is the introduction of essential health benefits and covered preventive services. Under the ACA, all health plans are required to cover 10 essential health benefits and 15 preventive health services so long as you receive these services with a provider that works within your policy's network.
The essential benefits include:
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care
- Prescription drugs
- Emergency services
- Laboratory services
The covered preventive services include:
- Blood pressure screening
- Immunization vaccines
- Obesity screening and counseling
- Tobacco use screening and cessation interventions
- Type 2 diabetes screening
HealthMarkets Connects NM with Affordable Health Care
HealthMarkets has made the process simple by doing all your research ahead of time. We've gathered policy and cost information from more than 180 insurance companies nationwide, so we can compare what you need with what they offer.
http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts-and-features/state-by-state/how-aca-is-working-for-new-mexico/index.html | http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts-and-features/fact-sheets/preventive-services-covered-under-aca/index.html