It is important to properly care for your eyes, which includes making choices that may put you in the hands of a surgeon. If you have a condition, such as cataracts, you’ll very likely need a procedure; should that be the case, the last thing you should have to worry about is cataract surgery cost. With the right vision and health insurance policy, the only worry you’ll have is how speedy of a recovery you can make. Here at HealthMarkets Insurance Agency, we want to make sure you get a policy that is right for your needs.
What does cataract surgery cost consist of?
A cataract occurs when the naturally clear lens of your eye becomes cloudy. It can have a variety of causes, but try to remember that cataracts are a common ailment. Cataract surgery is an outpatient procedure and usually takes about only an hour. The steps of the surgical procedure generally occur in the following order:
- Your healthcare provider will administer local anesthesia to your eye.
- They will then use a laser to cut a small opening in the side of your cornea.
- A device that sends out ultrasound vibrations is then inserted to break up the natural lens into small pieces.
- The fragments of lens are then suctioned out through the opening.
- The surgeon usually replaces the lens with a new, man-made lens made of plastic, acrylic, or silicone.
- The surgeon will then inspect the lens and how your eye is handling the surgery, administer antibiotic medicine, and cover your eye to heal.
Following the procedure, you will likely be prescribed antibiotic eye drops to help with healing and prevent infection.
Your well-being is most important, and HealthMarkets knows that you want comprehensive health insurance. We want you to have the best possible experience while buying health insurance, just like Donna from Jasper, GA, who said this about her interactions with us: “I purchased health and supplemental insurance, and the experience was wonderful!”
Since 2010, HealthMarkets has helped enroll Americans in more than 4 million insurance policies, including dental and vision policies - find an agent who can help you today.