No matter where you're from in the Keystone State, HealthMarkets Insurance Agency can help you find an affordable health care plan in PA. If you're working within a tight budget or don't entirely know what your options are, you may wonder how you'll be able to find an affordable health care plan in Pennsylvania.
That's where HealthMarkets comes in. Since 2010, we've helped Americans enroll in more than 2 million insurance policies, and we created a portfolio of products from more than 180 insurance carriers nationwide. No matter what your budget, with HealthMarkets, you can find an affordable PA healthcare plan.
How the ACA Helped Pennsylvania Find Affordable Care
Under the new healthcare laws passed with the Affordable Care Act (also referred to as the ACA or Obamacare), Pennsylvania residents have been able to access affordable health plans. According to HHS, residents who used a healthcare marketplace in PA were able to experience these new laws in many ways:
- "PA received $34,832,212 in grants to improve health care in Pennsylvania."
- "Out of 318,077 residents of Pennsylvania that enrolled in a healthcare plan, 81% opted for one with financial assistance."
- "Due to the new 80/20 rule, which mandates that insurance companies put more of your premium dollar toward improving healthcare, individuals in PA have benefitted from $5,198,874 total in refunds from their insurance providers."
What to Consider When Looking for Affordable PA Health Plans
With the ACA, there are new regulations that help Americans have better access to affordable health care. Before you enroll in a plan, here are some things to consider when buying the best affordable health insurance:
"Know What Types of Plans Are Available
In general, there are four types of plans you can enroll in that determine which healthcare providers you can visit, and how much coverage you'll receive when you do. These types of plans include:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Point-of-Service Plan (POS)
- High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Know What Level of Coverage You Need
When you look for health insurance, you'll come across four different levels of coverage, or metal levels, that you can choose from. The amount of coverage you receive from your health plan determines how much coverage your health insurance provider will offer when you receive care. The four levels include:
- Bronze: 60% covered by your health insurance provider, 40% covered by you.
- Silver: 70% covered by your health insurance provider, 30% covered by you.
- Gold: 80% covered by your health insurance provider, 20% covered by you.
- Platinum: 90% covered by your health insurance provider, 10% covered by you."
If you need help determining what type of plan works for your needs, or which level of coverage will keep you financially secure, contact HealthMarkets.
HealthMarkets Finds Affordable PA Health Insurance
In addition to our user-friendly online shopping experience, the licensed, knowledgeable agents at HealthMarkets provide personalized assistance over the phone 24/7. Give us a call at (800) 360-1402, fill us in on your health insurance needs and your budget, and let us help you find an affordable healthcare plan in PA.