Your search for affordable Health, Medicare and Life insurance starts here.
Health Insurance in Ohio
When shopping for health insurance in Ohio, it's important to make sure you know what type of plan you and your family will need for the coming coverage period. By understanding the different levels of coverage and what options are available in your state, residents and natives can find the right plan with the help of HealthMarkets Insurance Agency.
Since 2010, HealthMarkets has helped enroll Americans in over 2 million health plans, and we're confident we can help you, too. We have licensed agents throughout Ohio to help residents there work with us in person to discuss options and find a wide selection of plans that meet your needs.
Health Coverage for Ohio Residents under the ACA
With the passing of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010, many states faired well under the new healthcare laws. Between 2013 and 2014 alone, the uninsured rate dropped over 5%, and that numbers continues to drop today. Here are some key figures about Ohio's health insurance successes:
- Approximately 234,341 OH residents enrolled or re-enrolled in a health insurance plan in 2015.
- 84% of Ohioans were eligible for over $240 worth of tax credit subsidies.
- The Ohio state received over $5 million to help with unreasonable insurances to monthly premiums.
- By removing the lifetime limit on benefits, nearly 4,154,000 Ohio residents were able to keep their health coverage.
For these reasons and many more, it's more accessible than ever to find the right healthcare plan for you and your family's needs. When you work with a HealthMarkets agent, we can help show you more options and ways to save on out-of-pocket costs than by shopping alone.
Make OH Health Plans Affordable with Subsidies
Depending on the type of plan you purchase and your household's annual income level, you may be eligible for the subsidy program provided by the ACA. With these subsidies, you can get help paying for your monthly premiums or your out-of-pocket costs when you receive health care.
Choose Your Metal Level of Coverage
Generally, there are four levels of coverage, or "metal levels," that your health plan can provide. Typically, the more you pay for your plan in monthly premiums, the more coverage your health insurance provider can give when you receive health care. The four metal levels include:
- Bronze: 60% covered by your health insurance provider, 40% covered by you.
- Silver: 70% covered by your health insurance provider, 30% covered by you.
- Gold: 80% covered by your health insurance provider, 20% covered by you.
- Platinum: 90% covered by your health insurance provider, 10% covered by you.
Check Your Subsidy Eligibility
Depending on how much your family makes annually, you may be eligible for the subsidy program provided by the ACA. This program can help with the cost of your monthly premiums and/or your out-of-pocket expenses when you receive care. This includes:
- Premium Tax Credit: Either have the cost of your monthly premiums paid directly from the government to your health insurance provider, or you can claim it in your annual tax return. Families making between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Line qualify for this subsidy.
- Cost-Sharing Reduction: Your health insurance provider can cover more of your out-of-pocket costs when you receive health care if you have a Silver-tiered plan or higher. Families making between 100% and 250% of the Federal Poverty Line qualify for this subsidy.
Find an Affordable Healthcare Plan in Ohio with HealthMarkets
No matter what level of coverage you need, we pride ourself in providing access to more than 3,000 licensed agents throughout the country to help families like yours find the health insurance they need. We can help you find the right health insurance in Ohio when you contact us today.