With the passing of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010, finding health insurance in Oklahoma has been more accessible and affordable than previously. Between choosing your own level of coverage and being eligible for the subsidy program, Oklahoma residents can learn about all their options with HealthMarkets Insurance Agency.
Since 2010, HealthMarkets offers thousands of plans to choose from over 180 insurance providers nationwide. Our licensed agents are local to Oklahoma and can help you find the right plan for you and your family's needs. Contact us to get you enrolled in a health plan today.
How the ACA Helped Oklahoma Receive Health Care
The ACA helped OK residents access the affordable health insurance they needed to maintain good health:
- 79% of Oklahomans were eligible for over $200 of tax credit subsidies.
- OK have the availability to choose from nearly 30 different health plans in their county.
- Because of the 80/20 rule, health insurance providers are required to cover more of your healthcare costs.
- Nearly 849,000 Oklahoma residents became covered for preventive services without cost-sharing.
With HealthMarkets, we can help OK residents like you learn all the ways to save money on your healthcare plan, including understanding the metal level you need and what subsidies for which you may qualify.
Choose Your OK Metal Level and Subsidy Plan
When you look for health insurance, you have the option to choose between four levels of coverage, or "metal levels." The amount of coverage you want your health insurance provider to have depends on how much you are able to pay in monthly premiums. In general, the lower your monthly premiums are, the less coverage you'll receive. The four levels include:
- Bronze: 60% covered by your health insurance provider, 40% covered by you.
- Silver: 70% covered by your health insurance provider, 30% covered by you.
- Gold: 80% covered by your health insurance provider, 20% covered by you.
- Platinum: 90% covered by your health insurance provider, 10% covered by you.
For low-income families in Oklahoma who are in need of more coverage, but have trouble paying for high monthly premiums or out-of-pocket expenses, there's a subsidy program that can help make ends meet. Within this program are two types of subsidies:
Premium Tax Credit
This type of subsidy helps lower the cost of monthly premiums for families making between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Line. This credit is either paid directly from the government to your health insurance provider, or you can get the cost expensed by filing a tax return.
This type of subsidy helps lower the out-of-pocket expenses for families making between 100% and 250% of the Federal Poverty Line. This means you can get help from your health insurance provider to help pay for your deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance when you receive health care.
Find the Right Health Insurance in Oklahoma with HealthMarkets
HealthMarkets has more than 3,000 licensed agents in communities across the nation; together they have helped enroll over 2 million Americans in insurance policies. This includes health insurance in Oklahoma, where residents may need more assistance determining which policy can work with their budget and medical needs.