Older Americans and baby boomers are increasingly moving to Indiana and the senior population is expected to rise significantly. Seniors will make up 20% of Indiana’s population by 2030, which will in turn increase the amount of participants in Medicare (though not only seniors are eligible for Medicare). If you're eligible for Medicare, HealthMarkets agents have the knowledge and expertise to help you navigate the different offerings and choose a plan that's just right for you and your family when you opt out of Original Medicare.
Benefits of Medicare Advantage in Indiana
Don't be confused by the many companies offering Medicare Advantage. Indiana residents can pick the plan that suits them best and HealthMarkets Insurance Agency can help weigh the options, with over 224,875 Indiana residents enrolled in Medicare Advantage just in 2011, you’re in good company. Some advantages of Medicare Part C plans include:
- No one can be turned down for a plan through Medicare Advantage. Indiana residents in poor health or with preexisting conditions will still be able to enroll (with the exception of those with end-stage kidney disease).
- Medicare Advantage Indiana is monitored by Medicare and must provide all services that Original Medicare provides for those who are Medicare eligible.
- Many Medicare Advantage plans cover services that Original Medicare does not. For instance, routine physicals, eye exams, hearing aids, dental care, foot care and other services are usually part of most Medicare Advantage plans.
- Most Medicare Advantage provide Part D coverage. With Original Medicare, you must buy your own prescription drug (Part D) coverage. With most Medicare Advantage plans, drugs are included.
- There are no claim forms to file. The Medicare Advantage plan does the work for you.
Medicare Advantage in Indiana is available with cost-contract HMO, Medicare Advantage PPO and Medicare Advantage PFFS. Each has a different and unique setup and offerings from various companies, so it makes sense to discuss your Medicare eligibility and your interest in Medicare Advantage in Indiana with a licensed HealthMarkets agents. HealthMarkets agents are available around the clock to provide personal service to help you find the best Medicare Advantage for your needs.